Children in Christchurch fire rescue

0

Two young children have been rescued from a second-floor window after a fire broke out in the in main hallway of a block of flats in Dorset Road, Christchurch, Dorset, on Sunday evening.

Fire crews used a ladder to reach the seven-year-old girl and baby, aged about five months old. A man was led to safety by firefighters.

The fire was extinguished using 2 hosereels by 4 crew using breathing apparatus. There was severe damage by heat and smoke to the hallway and moderate smoke damage to several flats.

Police said the blaze was being treated as “unexplained”. A joint investigation between the police service and Dorset fire service is ongoing.

December 23, 2013 |

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Vantage Theme – Powered by WordPress.
Powered by Christchurch Dorset